The Renaissance condo is an adult building which accommodates to 18 years of age and upward. No dogs are allowed. You may have up to two cats by board approval.
Welcome to The Renaissance Condo , a local landmark situated along the Trans-Canada Highway on 16th Avenue NW at 17th Street in the community of Briar Hill. This striking twin high-rise condominium is a good example of architecture at it’s finest.
Hop the C-train right across the street from your front door, and if you love to shop their is direct access right into the North Hill Shopping Mall. There are loads of nearby business including the Louise Riley Library, North Hill Professional Center and over 100 Shops to choose from!
There are 88 condominium units in the east tower and 82 in the west, for a total of 176 units.
The west tower is located at 1726 14th Avenue NW, and the east tower is located at 1718 14th Avenue NW, Calgary. Both towers have their own separate underground parking facilities. There is plenty of indoor visitor parking stalls in each building. The towers are conveniently located right by the lobby entrance, which is electronically assisted. All public areas are monitored by security cameras from the concierge desk.
The Renaissance boasts an around-the-clock-concierge. These busy “beavers” work tirelessly to ensure that everything runs smoothly. Amenities include public his/hers washrooms on the main floor, expansive spiral staircase leading up to a well stocked library and a games room.
The Renaissance condo twin towers were constructed in 2002. A great deal attention was paid to quality, comfort and safety. In 2006, The Renaissance at North Hill commissioned a sculpture by artist Christopher Bhoa. The sculpture epitomizes an ancient Limber Pine otherwise known as the Burmis Tree which is over 1100 years old and still stand proud in the Crowsnest Pass area. This sculpture stands tall and proud, ready to welcome your visitors to The Renaissance.
The spacious and comfortable guest reception and waiting room has seating for 5 or 6 with gas burning fireplace. The floors throughout the main floor are sealed concrete. It gets scrubbed daily during the week. Mail delivery is on either side of the main entrance depending on which tower your unit is in. The concierge will accept larger parcels and deliveries on your behalf. Access to the front door and parkade, is by electronic transmitters.
The theatre is utilized my any number of the residents for special sports nights, or movie nights that they may organize. This may be arranged through the concierge.
The Board Room in the renaissance may be booked through the concierge.
A relaxing sun room awaits you in in the library. This is a welcoming retreat if you need to get out and recharge, or have an intimate conversation. The well organized library has some really interesting titles. There were likely about ten years worth of National Geographic magazines and oodles of delightful and hard to find book titles. I would so much have loved to sit down and delve through them.
The Rembrandt Room may be booked through the concierge. It is an uncrowded gathering place with ample tables and chairs for a good sized gathering. Added value is achieved by the addition of a fully stocked kitchen. This is a very warm and comfortable space. Meet and greets for the residents are held here on a regular schedule.
There is a well equipped fitness facility in the Renaissance. High quality modern equipment, much of it is not shown in the picture. Pass the time while watching your favorite “soap” on TV.
The games room features a pool table, air hockey and shuffleboard. There is so much to do at the Renaissance!
Summary of Amenities in The Renaissance Condo
- Public Washrooms
- Guest Suites, 2
- Parking, Titled Indoor
- Parking, Indoor Visitor
- Direct Access to shopping mall, by elevator
- Storage Lockers, Assigned
- On-Site Manager
- Central Air Conditioning
- Sprinklers and Smoke/Fire Detection System
- Car Wash
- Theatre – Rented for a nominal fee
- Card/Crafts Room – holds about 20
- Exercise Room with television/electronics; 4-station universal gym, treadmill, stair climber, exercise bike and free weights. Wall-to-wall mirrors
- Games room with a good quality slate pool table, shuffleboard table and air hockey. Additional tables and chairs to relax and socialize.
- Library – Sun Room
- Rembrandt Room – Formal Dining Room with fireplace – seating for 35, holds up to 70
- Board Room
- Large lobby with Fireplace
- Garbage Chutes
Please call If you think that the Renaissance would be a perfect fit for you. I do however respect the seller’s valuable time and privacy, by restricting showings only to those buyers who are ready willing and able to make a decision on their purchase. (No tours)
Mike Leibel is a Calgary Realtor that specializes in High-rise Condominiums.
709 1718 14 Avenue NW in Calgary: Hounsfield Heights/Briar Hill Condo for sale : MLS®# C4263750$499,999Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,088 sq. ft.101 m2Welcome to this stunning 2 bed, 2 bath corner unit (1083 SQ FT) condo in the extremely popular Renaissance Towers. Situated on the 7th floor, this unit has some of the most SPECTACULAR, UNOBSTRUCTED VIEWS of the Downtown/city Skyline that you can enjoy from your spacious balcony. The open, bright floor plan features a spacious living room with gas fireplace & a modern kitchen with granite counter tops & stainless steel appliances. Additional features include a 3 pc bath & two generous sized bedrooms including the dreamy master with a lavish updated 4 pc ensuite featuring a step-in, extra-large, glass-enclosed shower with bench. Additional features include den, in-suite laundry, storage locker & titled parking. Close to all amenities including shopping(Safeway), restaurants, public transportation, parks & major roadways. Building amenities: central air conditioning, car wash, exercise room, 24 hour security/concierge, guest suites, theater, billiard room, library, party room & visitor parking. More detailsListed by CENTURY 21 BAMBER REALTY LTD.
504 1718 14 Avenue NW in Calgary: Hounsfield Heights/Briar Hill Condo for sale : MLS®# C4261826$550,000Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,112 sq. ft.103 m2Excellent location with easy access to downtown, close to Foothills Hospital, University of Calgary, SAIT & Jubilee Auditorium. Gorgeous city and mountain views from this exquisite apartment in the desirable Renaissance building. The open living room/dining area features a gas fireplace and balcony with great views. The master bedroom has double closets and includes a 5 piece ensuite bath with double sinks, soaker tub and separate shower. The kitchen features stainless steel appliances, granite countertops and upgraded maple cabinetry. Additional bedroom with a beautifully crafted built-in Murphy bed and a computer room with a built-in desk and cabinetry. 3 piece main bath and an ensuite laundry room complete this incredible corner unit. Hardwood and excellent finishing in this very well kept unit. There is a 24 hour Concierge, indoor direct access to North Hill Mall and Safeway. Amenities include Guest Suite ($75),Theatre, Library, Games & Exercise Rooms, Car Wash, Private Garden, Indoor Visitor Parking More detailsListed by MAXWELL CAPITAL REALTY
905 1718 14 Avenue NW in Calgary: Hounsfield Heights/Briar Hill Condo for sale : MLS®# C4249221$805,000Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,448 sq. ft.135 m2Exceptional sub-penthouse property attached to Northhill Mall conveniently located near the LRT, shopping, entertainment, and everything anyone could ever need. High ceilings and large windows showcase this incredible unit with views South and East that are unparalleled in the city. There are 2 generous bedrooms, both with ensuites, and the massive master is bordered by a one of a kind balcony. Magnificent kitchen with upgraded cabinetry, stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops. Parking is included with a large titled stall (#108) and additional semi private storage located on the fifth floor of the building. Amenities abound in this turn key building with a gym, library, hobby room, theatre, games room, and access to the mall. There is a 24 hr concierge on duty making this a very secure building. The location is second to none and the unit is even better! Come and see for yourself today. More detailsListed by REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONALS INC.