Prince’s Island Estates Condo is a Luxury Gated Condominium Community located in the highly regarded Eau Claire district. It was constructed in 1995. In spite of its formidable reputation and size the complex offers a rather intimate condominium experience.
The The Prince’s Island Estates is located at 400 Eau Claire Ave SW in the Community of Eau Claire. It comprises four anchor buildings with elevator. There is one building in each quadrant, and a number of Townhouses. Some of the high-rise units have sizable terraces. The complex appears castle-like in appearance. Its most prominent features are the beautifully maintained center courtyard and multi-tiered terraces. There are fabulous views of the Downtown and Prince’s Island Park.
The condos may be up to three stories and most of the town-homes will have direct access to the underground parkade via a man-door directly from their unit. This is very unusual and convenient! Because of the topography, the Plaza Level is actually level two, and the Ground Level is actually P1.
The units on the North side of Prince’s Island Estates directly face onto the bicycle path. They are a stone’s throw from the Prince’s island walking bridge. Access us via an electronically controlled wrought iron gate. In the winter-time one can enjoy watching or participating in ice skating which is offered on the well maintained, well-used frozen-over pond.
There aren’t really any amenities to speak of, in Prince’s Island Estates, other than the well-lit underground parkade with a car wash bay. You don’t really need any either because all of the homes are sizable and self-contained. If one prefers, they can also use the facilities at the YMCA which is right next door. There is an on-site building manager.
The Prince’s Island Estates high-rises are built on a concrete foundation, with brick exteriors. They incorporate an exterior insulation and finishing system (EIFS). This is a type of exterior wall cladding that provides an insulated finished surface and waterproofing using an integrated composite material. The town homes are wood-frame construction.
The lobbies are unassuming and practical, pretty much masking the treasures found within. Prince’s Island Estates was unaffected by the river flooding experienced in 2012 by most of the inner city condominiums due to it’s well protected levies.
In total, there are 94 residential units in the complex.
Features & Amenities
- Gas Fireplaces
- Balconies and/or Terraces on all units
- Car Wash Bay
- Owners Lounge/Meeting Room
- On-site Manager
- Storage – either on premises or off-site assigned
- River Views
- Downtown Views
Parking at Prince’s Island Estates
- 70 Titled Parking Stalls on Level P1
- 100 Titled Parking Stalls on Level P2
- 19 Secure Underground Visitor Parking Stalls
Pets are by approval of the Prince’s Island Estates Condominium Board
Condo Fees Include
If you are considering to purchase a luxury condominium in Prince’s Island Estates or would like to see your unit featured here with an intent to sell please contact me to arrange an appointment.
Mike Leibel is a Calgary Realtor that specializes in Downtown Condominiums
Princes Island Estates Condo Review
5202 400 EAU CLAIRE Avenue SW in Calgary: Eau Claire House for sale : MLS®# C4254287$949,000Attached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,712 sq. ft.252 m2Executive air conditioned custom 3 storey townhouse backing onto Bow River pathways and Prince’s Island. 2 bedrooms, plus a den and 3 bathrooms. Very Bright and Open Plan. Gourmet kitchen open to large dining room and great room with fireplace, 2-piece powder room. 2nd floor master bedroom with a 4- piece ensuite with his and her closets. Good sized 2nd bedroom with 4-piece main bathroom. Den with built-ins and a laundry area. 3rd level loft ideal for family, recreation or media room. Beautiful and easy access front inner courtyard and lower level heated 2 titled indoor parking stalls. Maintenance free living. Pride of Ownership shown throughout. Ideal for professional or empty nester. Spectacular location! Exceptional Value In the Heart of Eau Claire! More detailsListed by GREATER PROPERTY GROUP