The Pixel condo is located on a quiet street off the banks of the Bow River in the community of Sunnyside was built in 2012 by Battistella. Battistella caters to a youthful buyer with minimal expectations. Their designs and contemporary living spaces often hold appeal to this demographic.
Pixel is located at 235 9A Street NW right on the C-train line and a block south of Safeway in historical Kensington in the Community of Sunnyside in the Calgary City Centre District. Like almost all Battistella buildings, the Pixel’s notable feature is the lacquered cement floors which provide for low maintenance and casual lifestyles. There are also some BuiltGreen energy savings features such as motion activated hallway lighting. Safety is addressed with CO2 detectors in the underground parkade. The photo above features the West side of the complex and the front door is East-facing.
The Pixel Condo has a rooftop patio where residents can gather and network. The patio also serves to reduce energy consumption, absorb air pollution and moderate the heat-island effect.
The Pixel lobby is brightly lit and cheerful with an amazing stained glass feature combined with inlaid lighting along the walls. There is also a wheelchair ramp and the mail boxes are conveniently situated. Pixel incorporates two ThyssenKrupp elevators with electronic access control.
The Pixel Condo complex consists of 98 individual living units on eight floors, 19 of which are town homes. 17 of the town homes are two-storey. The two bungalow style town homes exit onto the West side. There are 12 units on each of the other floors with the exception being only 10 Narrow floor plans on the 2nd floor and only nine units on the 8th floor for a total of 98 living units.
Features & Amenities of the Pixel
- Air Conditioning
- Hardwood Floors
- Floor to ceiling windows
- Laminate Floors
- Tile Flooring
- In-Suite Laundry
- Balcony is with Gas & Electrical outlets
- Roof Top Patio/Garden
- Titled Storage Lockers
- Titled Parking Stalls
- Secure Underground Parking
- Bicycle Rooms
- Located on C-Train Route
- Walk to Safeway
- Walk to Kensington
- Walk to Peace Bridge
Parking in the Pixel
- There are 103 secure underground titled parking units on three levels
- 10 secure underground visitor parking stalls, one of which is a handicapped stall
- Maximum vehicle height is 6’7”
Pixel Condo Fees Include
Restrictions in the Pixel
Pets by board approval
If you are looking to buy or sell a condominium in the Pixel, or elsewhere in the city, call a professional that knows the condo market to best represent you.
Mike Leibel is a Calgary Realtor that specializes in Downtown Condominiums
Pixel Condo Calgary
112 235 9A Street NW in Calgary: Sunnyside Condo for sale : MLS®# C4226398$525,000Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,131 sq. ft.105 m2OPEN HOUSE March 23rd 12-2pm**CLICK ON THE VIRTUAL TOUR LINK FOR 3D TOUR**Stunning 2-story apartment in The Pixel building in the heart of Kensington! This unit boasts 1100sqft over two floors and a titled underground parking stall! You can enter this gorgeous unit through your own private entrance through your private patio. Floor to ceiling windows welcome you as you enter the open concept living and dining space. The kitchen is beautifully accented with a large island, stainless steel appliances and quartz counter tops. To finish off the main floor space you will find a full 4pc bathroom and additional storage. Upstairs you will find your master bedroom with floor to ceiling windows and pocket door to another 4pc bathroom. A second large bedroom can be found here as well. Enjoy all the perks of living in Kensington as you are within walking distance to all amenities, shopping, dining, cafes and transit. Don't forget to enjoy the lovely roof top patio The Pixel offers with friends and family. More detailsListed by RE/MAX FIRST
509 235 9A Street NW in Calgary: Sunnyside Condo for sale : MLS®# C4220210$364,900Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 660 sq. ft.61 m2Beautiful apartment condo located in the heart of Kensington in The Pixel. Contemporary 1 bedroom plus a den area, 4-piece bathroom, in suite laundry, storage room, titled parking and storage locker. In show home condition. Very bright and open plan with floor to ceiling windows, west facing unit with a large deck. Gourmet kitchen with centre island with quartz countertops, tiled backsplash, stainless-steel appliances open to large great room with built in desk/den area, large bedroom, 4-piece bathroom and large storage room. Concrete floors and upgraded window coverings. Roof top patio. Pride of ownership shown throughout. Ideal for professional or investor. Walking distance to restaurants, shopping, LRT, Bow River and downtown. Exceptional value! More detailsListed by GREATER PROPERTY GROUP