The GrandView Condo was completed in 2002. Located on the banks of the Elbow River, the location is filled with an abundance of greenery and wildlife. The GrandView houses 16 delightful floors of luxurious living quarters numbering fifty-six. Most of these well constructed, high-end units have great views, often in many directions, and all have balconies.
The GrandView Condo is located in the Community of Mission in the Calgary City Centre District. The address is 228 26th Ave SW, Calgary, AB, East of the Riverstone Condo. It is directly across from the Elbow River, just off of the 4th Street bridge, which connects the communities of Mission & Roxboro.
The GrandView Condo is one of Calgary’s better kept secrets and the location is beautiful and quiet. It is adjacent to the city’s bike path. You probably drove by the GrandView a dozen times and barely took notice of it, as one will, with the city growing so quickly. The GrandView Condo is not however to be overlooked, as a contender for one of the finer, well established condominiums in the city. The GrandView Condo was designed by Gibbs Gage Architects and built by Streetside Developments both out of Calgary and comprises mostly 1 and two bedroom units from $500,000 to over $1,000,000. The GrandView Condo is has one of the few copper roofs to grace our city.
You will know that the Grandview is no ordinary condominium immediately upon approaching the striking building since it is one of the few condos in the city that has automatic entry doors. It is also one of the few buildings that has around the clock concierge and security service. The concierge service is very good, and they tend to stay around for quite some time, so they get to know the unit holders quite well.
The lobby in the GrandView is kept impeccably clean at all times. The building itself has incredibly tight security and unfamiliar faces are carefully monitored via the reasonably conspicuous security cameras.
As might be expected in finer establishments, there is great attention paid to detail. The GrandView Condo is no exception, and one can’t help but notice the near perfect finishing in just about every corner. They haven’t cut any corners here, and this is reflected in every detail.
There are quite a few amenities and activities for residents to participate in. The Lang House Residents Club provides a perfect venue to getting to know your neighbours, most of who are of retirement age or younger. Monday is games night and starts precisely at 7 PM. Yoga classes are conducted weekday mornings between 9 and 10. Of course this is always subject to change. The Lang House was originally owned by Mr. Lang, one of Calgary’s prominent real estate owners of the 20th century.
When the GrandView Condo was built, the Lang House was relocated to the East, and restored to a beautiful condition. It now makes a perfect combination of meeting room, billiards or games room, and is very charming.
In addition to The Lang House in the GrandView Condo, there are also many other amenities available at no or very low cost to the residents.
A fully equipped kitchen is just one of the many fine features of the GrandView Condo, and the adjoining social room which can accommodate quite a few people at any given time.
GRANDVIEW CONDO AMENITIES
- Bike Racks – Level P1
- Car Wash Bay with Vacuum – Level P1
- Gas burning fireplaces
- Games Room in the Lang House
- Two Guest Suites – At time of writing, available to unit-holders for $35.00 per night
- Games room in the Lang House
- Owners Lounge with fully equipped kitchen facilities
- Meeting Room in the Lang House
- Outdoor Promenade
- Two Art Deco ThyssenKrupp Elevators
- Ten Underground Visitors Parking Stalls
- Ample Titled Parking Stalls in two levels
- Ample Titled Storage lockers in locked rooms at parking stall or elsewhere
GRANDVIEW CONDO FEATURES
- Air Conditioning
- Garbage Chutes
GRANDVIEW CONDO RESTRICTIONS
- Cats and small dogs only, by approval of the board
- No Age Restrictions
GRANDVIEW CONDO PARKING
- Ample Titled Parking with some suites having up to 4 stalls
- 10 Underground Visitor Parking stalls, most with adjacent, well secured storage rooms
River View from the GrandView Condos in Calgary
Since their are very few units coming up for sale in the GrandView Condos, there is most often a waiting list. As of this writing there has been on average less than one unit coming available per year in the GrandView. Please call me if you would like to get on the waiting list. There may even be a unit available for you to view. Come and see why home owners here just love the GrandView.
Mike Leibel is a Calgary Realtor that specializes in Downtown Condominiums.
The Grandview Condos for Sale in Mission by the Elbow River
802 228 26 Avenue SW in Calgary: Mission Condo for sale : MLS®# C4262279$2,275,000Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,213 sq. ft.206 m2Welcome home to your exceptionally designed single level living unit located in the highly sought after Grandview building. Your new home has 24/7 concierge/security w/ 2 guests suites available for rent - it is located on the Elbow River & is only a 5 min drive to downtown. Unit 802 has exquisite views of the Elbow River & the Rocky Mountains. Your new home comes complete w/ 2 parking stalls (one oversized), 2 storage units & 2 large patios facing south & southwest. Your chef-designed kitchen incl a suede finished waterfall island, recycling drawer, 3 slide-out pantries, built-in illuminated glass display area, Miele fridge/freezer, Ultraline countertop gas stove & 2 built-in convection ovens, built-in microwave & 2 Fisher Paykel dishwasher drawers. The den/guest bed area has stunning illuminated art display shelving, built-in filing cabinets, & automated blackout privacy blinds build-in that descend to create privacy for guests. Please see additional public remarks & please download the feature list. The family, dining & living room area has a grand open floor plan surrounded by large beautiful windows which allow for exceptional natural light, fabulous views from every angle & customized shutters throughout to provide privacy. The guest bath is newly renovated & includes museum artwork hanging system, built-in shelving & custom made sink w/ jeweled stopper. The grand master bedroom has wrap-around windows, custom automated blackout blinds, designer walk-in closet w/ custom-made California Closet built-ins, brand new Miele washer & dryer, built-in drying rack & folding table. The master bathroom has been newly renovated with a roll-in shower incl a sitting area, designer ceramic tile, granite counters, dual sinks, abundant storage, Toto washlet toilet, & bidet. Additional renovations/updates incl completely re-leveled concrete base throughout the unit, newly installed walnut plank flooring, 7” baseboards, freshly painted walls & trim, & custom made built-ins. More detailsListed by CENTURY 21 BAMBER REALTY LTD.
204 228 26 Avenue SW in Calgary: Mission Condo for sale : MLS®# C4220734$729,900Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,518 sq. ft.141 m2WELCOME TO LUXURY LIVING in fabulous Mission! This bright, spacious & peaceful 2 bedroom + 2 bath unit is located in the highly coveted & arguably most prestigious building in all of Calgary. The Grandview provides its residents w/ unparalleled service, property management & building amenities incl: 24 hr concierge, guest suites, car wash bay, beautifully landscaped grounds, peaceful private courtyard w/ pergola, full kitchen + grandroom, as well as historic Lang House to enjoy a spirited game of cards or quiet place to read. This elegant 1518 sq.ft. unit overlooks the private courtyard, offering both tranquility, privacy & an abundance of natural light. Features incl: stainless appliances, granite counters, fresh white cabinetry, built-in bookcases, oversized balcony, in-suite storage + laundry room, 1 titled parking stall + 1 titled storage unit. Enjoy a stroll along the stunning river pathway & the fabulous boutiques, restaurants & coffee shops of 4th Street. Simply move in & enjoy! More detailsListed by RE/MAX FIRST
401 228 26 Avenue SW in Calgary: Mission Condo for sale : MLS®# C4146854$799,900Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,245 sq. ft.116 m2Welcome to "The Grandview".Always in high demand this incredible meticulously renovated suite has southwest views of the river and river valley plus downtown views to the north.The renovations were done by Empire Kitchens. Open spaces of living room,dining room and kitchen provide views and an abundance of light from the large windows and the two decks. The kitchen has custom cupboards,granite and high end appliances- truly a chef's delight.Two amazing bathrooms . Master with en-suite featuring walk-in closet, spacious shower and soaker tub.Second bedroom could easily be a den or bedroom. The Grandview features 24 hour concierge, visitor parking,car wash,2 guest suites plus the Lang House for your entertainment needs. Minutes to shopping, restaurants ,walking paths and transportation. More detailsListed by CENTURY 21 BAMBER REALTY LTD.