The Grandeur condo built in 2001 is a favorite among the 50+ crowd who like a quiet, well managed building. It is wood framed and has underground parking. It is close to Downtown, with excellent access to the Deerfoot Trail, and amenities.
The Grandeur low-rise condominium complex is located at 1920 14th Ave NE, in the community of Mayland Heights in the Northeast District of Calgary.
The Grandeur was developed by Lloyds Grandeur Limited and built by Lloyds Homes Limited. It is a three-story low-rise apartment style condominium complex with a concrete foundation and wood frame. Most of the original units sold in The Grandeur were snapped up quickly by seniors living in and around Mayland Heights. Since that time some of the seniors have moved on to retirement communities, but the building still has a lot of appeal to anyone nearing retirement age because of its great location and relatively stable nature. It has been well managed and well maintained, and that is always a big drawing card.
The lobby of The Grandeur is large, clean and uncluttered, offering access to 101 living units, each with their own underground parking stall, plus 19 separately titled parking stalls. Some of the main floor units have large patios with railings, while the other units do not. There are eight distinctive floor plans ranging in size from 817 Sq. Ft. to 1423 Sq. ft. (with loft). Most are two bedrooms with two full baths and have a walk-in closet and in-suite laundry.
The Grandeur ballroom is available for use by the unit holders. It has a very nice water feature which for the most part is kept off to reduce costs. The lobby is sometimes used by residents for small groups, for cards or other activities, and upon receipt of a nominal rental fee plus deposit may utilize it for larger groups and receptions for social, but not business functions. There is a full kitchen available to residents, adjacent to the ballroom. The Grandeur ballroom is almost always bright and sunny, welcoming visitors into lush surroundings. Maximum capacity is 40 people. The kitchen may be used for re-heating food, not for cooking or deep frying.
Leading upward from The Grandeur ballroom, there is access to a sizable social room, which may be utilized by the owners. It contains several tables and comfortable chairs and is also accessible by elevator.
The Grandeur Amenities
- Social Room
- Recycling facility
- Garbage Chutes
- Storage Lockers
- Secured Storage Lockers on the East end of the underground parking level
- Electronic Security System
- Two Elevators
The Grandeur Features
- In-floor heating
- Concrete topping on sub-floor
- Vented hood-fans
- Built-in microwave shelves
- Full wrap kitchen counter-tops
- Smoke detectors
- Minutes to downtown
- Excellent access to Deerfoot Trail, Barlow Trail and the TransCanada Highway
- City & Mountain Views
- Mature Community
The Grandeur Parking
Each unit in The Grandeur comes with a heated, underground parking stall which is part of the unit, but not separately titles and is situated on the single parking level. The registered size of the unit includes the parking stall. Outdoor visitor parking is available. Overnight guests must display a Visitor’s Parking Permit or their vehicles will be ticketed or towed. Special extended Visitor’s Parking Passes are available for those staying more than two nights.
The Grandeur Restrictions
There are no pets allowed in The Grandeur, with the exception of a small aquarium or bird in a cage. No other animals are allowed anywhere in the building or on the grounds at any time.
The Grandeur Inclusions
Heat and Water are included in the condo fee
Mike Leibel is a Calgary Realtor that specializes in Condominiums.
336 1920 14 Avenue NE in Calgary: Mayland Heights Condo for sale : MLS®# C4262047$184,900Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 764 sq. ft.71 m2The Grandeur in Mayland Heights has 120 units and is perfectly situated geographically for access to downtown, shopping and travel in and out of the city. This 2 bdrm unit is on the top floor and faces south for abundant light in summer or winter. This unit has a functional kitchen that's open to the dining room and living rm and flooded with natural light. There is a 4 pce bath with a door to the main living area and to the Mstr bdrm. This unit also has ensuite laundry and a generous foyer. There is 1 underground, heated parking stall assigned to this unit. The complex has lots of visitor parking and a great covered pick up\drop off area right in front of the front doors. Inside there are large, welcoming common areas for various social activities and outside is surrounded by a lovely greenbelt that is well maintained. Great Value for your next move... More detailsListed by ROYAL LEPAGE BENCHMARK