First condo was developed by the Fram+Slokker partnership. The partnership was formed in 1999 between the Fram Building Group founded over 30 years ago by John Giannone, and Slokker, founded in Amsterdam in 1935.
FIRST condo is located at 550 Riverfront Avenue SE in trendy East Village, nearby the downtown core, public library, C-Train and the renowned National Music Centre. It comprises 191 one and two bedroom apartment style living units, 5 two-story city homes and a number of street level commercial units.
FIRST is situated on a very quiet and walk-friendly and vibrant cobblestone street across from the Evolution Condo Towers. It is just south of the Verve Condo. It stands 18 storeys high. The top floor houses some of the building amenities and a roof-top patio. It has an unobstructed view of the Bow River. There are no unusual restrictions in the FIRST.
The FIRST lobby is warm and inviting and has a very unassuming and neighbourly atmosphere. At time of this writing It is equipped with a single-serving coffee maker and wine cooler, but do bring your own cups if you wish to meet down there. There is near enough to 24/7 concierge or on-site manager there to welcome your guests and have them sign in. I really like the fact that they piped relaxing music into the lobby. It’s little things like this that can make a big difference.
FIRST condo incorporates many “Green” initiatives, such as double glazed Low-E argon filled windows, low-flow toilets and daylight & occupancy sensors in selected common areas. The demographic is mainly young, upwardly mobile professionals who don’t hesitate to make good use of the many amenities such as the boardroom, Games Room and Owners Lounge.
All of the common amenity areas in the FIRST are security monitored for your safety and security. Here you can see the Evolution Tower on the West, from the Pool Room.
Just part of the spacious owners lounge, where residents can mingle or host.
The kitchens utilize European inspired modern cabinetry and Jenn-Air appliances.
The bathrooms have oversized tempered glass, generously sized shower door enclosures and deep alcove soaker tubs in some units.
- Nearly around-the-clock Concierge Service
- Secured bike Room
- 2 Thyssenkrupp high speed elevators with pleasant landing floor announce
- Exercise Room with modern Equipment
- Yoga Studio
- 15 Secured underground visitor parking with restricted building access
- Rooftop Patio
- Pool Room
- Social Room (Sky Lounge)
- Board Room
- Assigned Storage Locker Rooms on parking levels
- Fully Air Conditioned
- 9′ ceilings
- Solid-Core 8′ man-doors
- Vented appliances
- Flat ceilings
- Low-E Windows
- European laminate flooring
- Under cabinet lighting
- Titled Underground Parking
Buyers who are pre-qualified, ready willing and able to purchase, and not currently working with an agent should phone for an appointment to view.
Mike Leibel is a Calgary REALTOR® who specializes in Downtown Condominiums
911 550 RIVERFRONT Avenue SE in Calgary: Downtown East Village Condo for sale : MLS®# C4253046$419,900Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 791 sq. ft.73 m2Enjoy panoramic north east views from this bright & airy 2 bedroom unit in the First! This unit features an open floor plan with 9’ ceilings, floor to ceiling windows, spacious living area & kitchen finished with quartz countertops, glass backsplash, island, soft close cabinets & drawers, stainless steel appliances & dining area. The master bedroom features a walk-in closet & 3 piece ensuite. There is a second bedroom (or den) & 4 piece bath. Further highlights of this unit include in-suite laundry, a balcony with fantastic views, 1 titled parking stall & an assigned off unit storage locker. Also enjoy building amenities such as a fitness facility, yoga centre, party room with kitchen facilities, rooftop terrace & meeting room. This unit is located minutes from Bow River pathways, Prince’s Island Park, central library, Calgary music center, downtown shops & restaurants & public transit. Walking to Stampede park, Inglewood and Eau Claire. More detailsListed by CIR REALTY
1705 550 RIVERFRONT Avenue SE in Calgary: Downtown East Village Condo for sale : MLS®# C4233408$585,000Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,064 sq. ft.99 m2Views Views Views! Unbelievable Unobstructed City and River Views from this sensational Penthouse Suite. Imagine Coffee with the Morning Sunrise and Dining under the stars from your private 720 sq. ft. terrace offering 250 degree panoramic views unimpeded by any city development. This Penthouse in the sky is wrapped in floor to ceiling glass + designed for lifestyle + luxury. Offering 1064 sq ft of designer living space, this 2 bedroom plus den 3.5 bath features privacy as a key ingredient of it’s exceptional layout. Two master bedroom suites both with spa ensuite baths. Bright open living + entertaining spaces bathed in natural light. Stunning Gourmet Kitchen with Professional Appliances including a Gas Range Cooktop! Work from Home? This property includes a separate office/den! Titled Parking for Two Cars. Beautifully developed building with full gym and a penthouse owners lounge and deck to host large gatherings. Enjoy the New City Library, National Music Center, Shops, Restaurants + the pulse of this vibrant city from this superior address. Must View! More detailsListed by REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONALS INC.
1505 550 RIVERFRONT Avenue SE in Calgary: Downtown East Village Condo for sale : MLS®# C4223420$289,900Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 574 sq. ft.53 m2Significant price reduction!! - Excellent price for this location -unobstructed views of river valley and south-end of East Village. This one-bedroom unit is well laid-out with an alcove that fits a desk and chair and the living room allows for a guest to sleepover because of the extra 2-piece powder room (or you can rent a guest suite in the building for a minimal amount per night if you prefer). The unit is trendy and modern with its quartz counter-tops, dark flooring, tiling, see-through shower and on-point lighting. The walk-in closet is huge with room for storing anything you want close at hand (there's also a storage locker in the parkade.) The top floor recreation space is ideal for hosting a group indoors and out - with panoramic views to the east and south along the river-front causeway and beyond. There are also fully equipped exercise and yoga rooms on the 3rd floor with their own outdoor patio to enjoy in the summer. Both wall-mounted TV's are included. More detailsListed by ROYAL LEPAGE SOLUTIONS