First condo was developed by the Fram+Slokker partnership. The partnership was formed in 1999 between the Fram Building Group founded over 30 years ago by John Giannone, and Slokker, founded in Amsterdam in 1935.
FIRST condo is located at 550 Riverfront Avenue SE in trendy East Village, nearby the downtown core, public library, C-Train and the renowned National Music Centre. It comprises 191 one and two bedroom apartment style living units, 5 two-story city homes and a number of street level commercial units.
FIRST is situated on a very quiet and walk-friendly and vibrant cobblestone street across from the Evolution Condo Towers. It is just south of the Verve Condo. It stands 18 storeys high. The top floor houses some of the building amenities and a roof-top patio. It has an unobstructed view of the Bow River. There are no unusual restrictions in the FIRST.
The FIRST lobby is warm and inviting and has a very unassuming and neighbourly atmosphere. At time of this writing It is equipped with a single-serving coffee maker and wine cooler, but do bring your own cups if you wish to meet down there. There is near enough to 24/7 concierge or on-site manager there to welcome your guests and have them sign in. I really like the fact that they piped relaxing music into the lobby. It’s little things like this that can make a big difference.
FIRST condo incorporates many “Green” initiatives, such as double glazed Low-E argon filled windows, low-flow toilets and daylight & occupancy sensors in selected common areas. The demographic is mainly young, upwardly mobile professionals who don’t hesitate to make good use of the many amenities such as the boardroom, Games Room and Owners Lounge.
All of the common amenity areas in the FIRST are security monitored for your safety and security. Here you can see the Evolution Tower on the West, from the Pool Room.
Just part of the spacious owners lounge, where residents can mingle or host.
The kitchens utilize European inspired modern cabinetry and Jenn-Air appliances.
The bathrooms have oversized tempered glass, generously sized shower door enclosures and deep alcove soaker tubs in some units.
- Nearly around-the-clock Concierge Service
- Secured bike Room
- 2 Thyssenkrupp high speed elevators with pleasant landing floor announce
- Exercise Room with modern Equipment
- Yoga Studio
- 15 Secured underground visitor parking with restricted building access
- Rooftop Patio
- Pool Room
- Social Room (Sky Lounge)
- Board Room
- Assigned Storage Locker Rooms on parking levels
- Fully Air Conditioned
- 9′ ceilings
- Solid-Core 8′ man-doors
- Vented appliances
- Flat ceilings
- Low-E Windows
- European laminate flooring
- Under cabinet lighting
- Titled Underground Parking
Buyers who are pre-qualified, ready willing and able to purchase, and not currently working with an agent should phone for an appointment to view.
Mike Leibel is a Calgary REALTOR® who specializes in Downtown Condominiums
1505 550 RIVERFRONT Avenue SE in Calgary: Downtown East Village Condo for sale : MLS®# C4223420$319,900Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 574 sq. ft.53 m2Unobstructed views of river valley and south-end of East Village make this condo a magnificent location! This one-bedroom unit is well laid-out with an alcove that fits a desk and chair and the living room allows for a guest to sleepover because of the extra 2-piece powder room (or you can rent a guest suite in the building for a minimal amount per night if you prefer). The unit is trendy and modern with its quartz counter-tops, dark flooring, tiling, see-through shower and on-point lighting. The walk-in closet is huge with room for storing anything you want close at hand (there's also a storage locker in the parkade.) The top floor recreation space is ideal for hosting a group indoors and out - with panoramic views to the east and south along the river-front causeway and beyond. There are also fully equipped exercise and yoga rooms on the 3rd floor with their own outdoor patio to enjoy in the summer. Both wall-mounted TV's are included. More detailsListed by ROYAL LEPAGE SOLUTIONS